With Independence Day this weekend, it seems just about everyone is excited to get out and celebrate. The Atlantic View Hotel wishes everyone a fun and safe July 4th, 2020. Here’s some tips to keep you and your family safe and entertained during your travels…
Confirming a Vacation Destination
- If you aren’t ready to fly, consider driving to a vacation destination.
- Check the travel restrictions of your intended destination to make sure you don’t have to be quarantined upon arrival.
- Check your hotel’s website or contact them directly to see how they measure up to your safety and sanitary standards.
Set Your Family’s Expectations
- Many fireworks displays are cancelled this year, but there’s always next year. Making memories with your family will last longer anyway. Get creative on alternate plans.
- If you are going to be in the car traveling to your destination for more than a few hours, think of some fun travel game ideas.
- On the way to your destination, also talk about what you want to see and do. Plus, remind your family to stay diligent in their safety measures, just like at home.
On the Road
- Before you set out on your vacation destination, bring masks, cleaner, sanitary wipes, hand sanitizer, and paper towels.
- Talk about meals ahead of time. Consider packing a cooler with lunch and snacks. Or if you do stop, make sure you wash your hands before returning to your car or use antibacterial gel or wipes.
- Always wear your mask at rest stops and touch as little as possible. Use a paper towel for any surface you must touch and throw it away right after.
- Clean the inside of your car frequently, along with phones, tablets and gaming devices.
On the Beach
- Abide by all beach safety rules and look for signage to provide guidance.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others when you set up on the beach.
- Don’t forget your sunblock (reapply often), sun hat and umbrella so you don’t get burned.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid areas where people may congregate, such as boardwalks, parking lots, public restrooms and food vendors when possible.
- Consider bringing your own food, a trash bag to take all items off the beach that you bring on. Remember your hand sanitizer too.
- If you rent equipment, disinfect and let it completely dry before you use it.
At the Pool
- Check with the attendant or your hotel, about how the towels are laundered, safety standards and distancing measures. If you aren’t 100% comfortable, don’t partake.
- Wash your hands before and after visiting or getting in the pool.
- Skip or minimize the time in locker rooms.
- Consider bringing your own towel(s).
And a Gentle Reminder:
- Just because you change locations, keep up the sanitary measures. Wash your hands frequently.
- Wear your mask when you go out or when you can’t stay 6 feet away from those not in your immediate family.
- Stay away from large crowds.
- Search out contactless payment options
- Get your meals to go or make/bring your own.
- Before dining out, check the CDC restaurant safety guidelines first.
- When dining out, avoid crowds, try to eat outdoors, when indoors – eat with your immediate family only and wear your mask when you’re not eating or drinking.
Have a Fun and Safe July 4th, 2020!