With 2 days of fireworks displays, you can take your pick on where and when you’d like to enjoy the Independence Day show.
Rehoboth Beach Fireworks
Saturday, July 3, 2021
The City of Rehoboth just shared this post:
In celebration of the Independence Day holiday weekend, a fireworks display will be launched at approximately 9:30 pm Saturday, July 3. It will be visible from along the beach and boardwalk. Festivities will begin at 8 pm at the bandstand with an oldies concert courtesy of Funsters. They will play again following the fireworks display, until 11 pm.
The City of Rehoboth Beach will provide several hand-sanitizing stations along the beach and boardwalk. Vaccinated individuals are not required to wear masks, but may choose to do so because of the large crowd that is anticipated. Individuals who are not vaccinated should wear a mask when attending this event. And according to CDC guidelines, in other locations when around people outside of their immediate household.
Portable restrooms will be utilized at various street ends. They will be set up at the Baltimore and Wilmington comfort stations. These will be installed the morning of July 3. Portable bathrooms at street ends will be removed the following morning. Those at comfort stations will be removed July 5.
- Road closures will be implemented to facilitate access and safety:
- Vehicular traffic in the bandstand area will be closed from 6 pm-midnight.
- Beginning at 6 pm, only bus traffic and residents will be permitted on Henlopen and Surf avenues.
- Vehicles will not be able to cross Rehoboth Avenue at the circle beginning at 7 pm.
- Rehoboth Avenue eastbound and Church Street from State Route 1 will be closed to vehicular traffic beginning at 8:30 pm. At that point, all vehicles entering Rehoboth Beach will have to do so via State Road to Bayard Avenue.
- Residents on Henlopen Avenue, in Henlopen Acres, and North Shores must access their residences via Second Street beginning at 8:30 pm.
- To exit Rehoboth after the fireworks, vehicles north of Rehoboth Avenue will be directed to exit via Rehoboth and Columbia avenues. Vehicles on the south side of Rehoboth Avenue, will use Bayard Avenue to State Route 1 southbound only or Hickman or Munson streets to State Road to Route 1 north- and southbound.
- Visitors are encouraged to utilize the DART Beach Bus service or Jolly Trolley.
Fireworks parking will be available for $5 at the Deauville Beach lot beginning at 5 pm.
Dewey Beach Fireworks
Sunday, July 4, 2021
Tonights fireworks will launch from a barge in Rehoboth Bay in front of northbeach and Ivy.